1) Gather your supplies. You will need:
- Black Construction Paper
- White Paper
- Glitter Glue in various colors (we used red, white, and blue)
- Washable Tempera Paint (we used red, blue, and silver sparkle pain
- Safety Scissors
- Glue Stick
- Little Hands (The most special of all of the tools!)
(For quick and easy clean up I recommend getting a bucket of warm soapy water out with a couple of washcloths before you begin. Then, as the kids finish, they can just dip their hands in the soapy water. This makes cleanup quick, painless, AND fun!)
2) Decorate your night sky (black construction paper) with the glitter glue. Fireworks come in all shapes and sizes. Some are the big explosions while others are just pretty sparkles in the sky. Our glitter gave us the pretty sparkles.
At this point, Marcus was no longer into using the glue sticks. So he "outsourced" his gluing to his more than willing sister Sophia. Sophia loves working on craft projects. Marcus likes the part where he can get really messy, but easily tires of the whole gluing and cutting thing. I like it that they each have such different likes and dislikes.