Monday, April 25, 2011

Geisha Fan Apron

OK...I admit it.  I am terrible at "self photography".  I took these pictures outside while it was raining using a cloudy mirror.  (Yes, I took a mirror out into my back yard!)   The hardest part about blogging about sewing is NOT the actual sewing. It is finding a way to photograph the things you have sewn. 

Trust me when I say that these pictures do not do this fabric justice.  The fabrics were chosen by a friend of mine and I think she did a great job.  I would have never thought of this combination on my own.  I am especially amazed because all three of these fabrics come from different collections and even different designers, but the colors match perfectly.  They look like they were made for each other. 



Pattern Details:
This pattern is the Emmeline apron by Sew Liberated.  This is a reversible apron with gathered bust and a wide, flirty skirt.  The only modification I made was to lengthen the waist straps a bit.  (I like to do this for my own aprons so it can more easily be tied in both the front and the back.)  I also added extra deep pockets to the front and back...because we can all use an extra hand carrying stuff.

I have sewn this pattern many, many times.  It goes together nicely and I can't really think of any "warnings" that I would need to post if you are thinking about trying it.  Perhaps the only thing I can think of is that the top may need to be modified if you are especially large busted.  However, the top piece is a simple gathered rectangle...so it is a very easy modification. 


Fabric Details:
The main fabric is Geisha Fans by Amy Butler.
Geisha Fans by Amy Butler
The binding, ties, and trim are Floral Elements in Tangerine by Patricia Bravo.
Close up of the Alexander Henry Cotton Lawn Fabric

And finally, the main reverse fabric is this GORGEOUS, luxurious cotton lawn fabric by Alexander Henry.  The thread count is so high in this fabric it feels nearly like silk.   The fabric name is Oxford Butterfly in Rosey Terra Cotta.


Well, thanks for looking!  And thanks for looking at my poor self photography.  (Soon my kids will be old enough to start taking pictures.)
"Hey!  I figured out how to use the timer function on the camera!"
Links to Become Attached To:

9 comments:

Jessica said...

Very pretty. How I wish I could sew well. You are very talented.

HoneySage said...

My DD thinks you have an apron addiction like she does...LOL! I love the fabric! Thanks for sharing!

Graced Simplicity said...

LOVE the style of apron! I kind of have a fetish for anything that looks old-fashioned. ت Thanks so much for sharing it for Simply Homemaking!

Thanks for linking up! Hope to see you next week! ت

Much Love & Blessings,
ESTHER
Our Simple Country Life

AsylumTanya said...

I love your smile in the last picture! I will have to make myself an apron just like that! Right now I use one left over from when my brother went to culinary school - white, industrial, kinda blah. Thanks for sharing!

Abbi said...

That is such a cute pattern! I love the fabrics too.

Unknown said...

So cute! thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

very pretty aprons! thanks for sharing!

Misty @Creative Itch said...

I LOVE your apron! I may have to invest in that pattern...

Thanks for linking @'Sew Cute Tuesday'. I'll be featuring you on May 3rd, so be sure to check back and grab a 'featured' button!

learningtable said...

These are really cute. My grandmama always wore an apron, and it's so neat to see them "coming back."

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com