Friday, March 19, 2010

Our St. Patrick's Day Outfits

St. Patrick's Day Outfits
One of the great things about being a sewing mama is the ability to run down into your sewing room and emerge with some new clothes.  It has gotten me out of many of binds in the past. 

Such was the case for me on the Eve of St. Patrick's day.  I realized that the kids didn't have anything to wear that was green late that night.  And I said to myself, "No child of mine is going without green on St. Patrick's day!"  So, I set to work making them some outfits to wear the next day.

Luckily I have yards and yards of various leprechaun & clover fabric that my mother gave to me.  (It was suppose to be an Irish quilt for my uncle's two new babies.  Yet the fabric is still sitting uncut and my uncles "babies" are well into elementary school.  So my mom gave the fabric to me.  (Don't worry Patrick and Josie, there is still plenty left for the quilts if she ever gets them finished.)

I didn't want to be up all night sewing these, so I used two fairly simple patterns to make a shirt and jumper for Sophia. 

The main fabric has pictures of various leprechauns doing leprechaun-like things such as dancing, playing the harp, and looking for gold.  The jumper for Sophia is lined in a coordinating clover fabric (which you can barely see in these photos). 

The Jumper was from Butterwick 5439 - View D
IMG_3592
Butterwick 5439 - View D
Butterwick 5439 - View D, back


And the shirt was from Simplicity 2907- View D (Marcus did not want to stop playing and have his picture taken!  So this is the only photo I have that is not a blur of movement.)
Simplicity 2907- View D

And of course, Mommy, Daddy, and Grandma celebrated the day with some green beer and corned beef and cabbage.  It was a very good day indeed!
_DSC0217

1 comments:

Tony Rugare said...

The outfits are adorable. Their GreatGreatGrandmother GA would have been ecstatic.
Love,
Grandpa

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com