Sunday, March 21, 2010

Ginger Blossom Apron

Ginger Blossom Apron-Front
Here is another apron I sewed for a friend of mine.  I really like this apron.   I think the fabric is gorgeous and the colors make me smile every time I look at it.

The apron is fully reversible and should last her for generations.   I also made the straps extra long.  I like this for practicality reasons because you can tie it in the front OR the back.

My friend choose all of the fabrics...and lets be honest, the fabrics MAKE this apron.  I think wearing this apron would make you feel pretty whether you were changing diapers or knee deep in dirty dishes and laundry! 

The front fabric (called breeze lei) also has special meaning to my friend since she one of her babies was born in Hawaii.  I hope that every time she looks at it, it reminds her of that beautiful state.
Ginger Blossom Apron-Back

Ginger Blossom Apron-Back



Fabric Information: The front main fabric is called "Ginger Tile Breeze"  The back is in a fabric called "Breeze Lei".  And the straps and bodice outline is in "Breeze Vintage Dots".



Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job. I keep wanting to get this pattern but then I hold off. I am not sure why when I love it so much!

GrousyGirl said...

This is so adorable! I've been making heaps of aprons lately, but this one totally inspires me to do more, and to do better!

kaci guerin said...

I love this apron..I've been looking all over for a pattern like this to make Christmas gifts for friends. Where can I find the pattern? Beautiful fabric choices!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com