Saturday, July 6, 2013

Beco Babycarrier Makeover and Nursing Cover

Hi There Everyone,

For those that don't know, we are expecting our third child sometime in September.  SO--I have been doing some sewing/nesting in preparation. 

The first thing on my list was to find a way to spruce up my old Beco 4G babycarrier.  Marcus and Sophie pretty much lived in this carrier from the time they were babies until they were as old as 3 or 4.  It had seen a lot of use to say the least.  The straps were faded, and I had sort of fallen out of love with the fabric.

Here are the before pictures of the carrier:

Before

And here are the after pictures:
After

 I starting out trying to dye the carrier with rit dye in the washing machine.  I was trying to re-darken the faded, black straps.  That didn't really do much.  (Just made a mess in my washer!) I probably should have used a better type of dye, but I was impatient and just wanted to get this project finished.
Here is me doing my "Vanna White pose" with the baby carrier.  I always feel like such an idiot getting my picture taken for these sewing projects.  :) 
I had some gorgeous Japanese fabric in my stash that I was going to turn into an apron.  (Echino for all of you fabric nerds.)  However, I figure I need another apron like a whole in the head---so I used the fabric to recover the carrier.  This was actually amazing fast and simple to do.  I just appliqued the new fabric over the old...and voila...a new looking baby carrier.  (I like this new fabric so much better!)

I had enough fabric left over to sew a matching nursing cover.   

Here's the matching nursing cover.  As you can see, I only know one "Vanna White" pose.  You can also see that I haven't gotten around to weeding much this pregnancy. 



Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Julia Carnes said...

If this is you pregnant for the third time.... I'm jealous!!! Looking fantastic, I hope you are feeling that way too :-)

Amanda Padgett said...

Great review! We are half way through and love this book.

I am a veteran homeschooler with four kids. My first three had no trouble learning to read but my last child really strugglied. After some research I bought this book and it was just what he needed! The way they present the sounds and words are perfect for him and he has done really well.

Noel Torres said...

hello what curriculim do you use after you are done with
The Reading Lesson: Teach Your Child to Read in 20 Easy Lessons

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com